Growing Up.

As you keep growing, you meet newer and newer people and some of those people you interact with and you talk to and over time you get to know them, they become friends. You bond with these people, there's sharing, of emotions, of ideas of words of everything you can share with a friend. Over time as you get closer and the sharing becomes of greater intensity (for lack of a better word) you want to hold on to these people and you try and you make promises but time and life happen and you have to let go. And then seep in the tricks of most of the communication either ceasing to exist or slowly fading away.

As I read the 'slams' people wrote and the feelings they expressed, it brings in a bitter-sweet nostalgic pain and while most of these people I don't talk to anymore it brings in the lawful and uncracked question, 'What happened?' Time being a simple answer there, but here's me trying to reach out to all those people I knew and honestly appreciated, and those who felt the same way for me and those who I've ever called 'a friend'.

We might not talk to each other, we might not see each other everyday or irregularly or indefinitely but it was good knowing that you exist, and that you've made a difference in my life. And this is not me asking for things to go back to the way that they used to, because even impossible wouldn't justify that, but me acknowledging what has been.

And even if some of us knew each other for fading moments before we parted that knowing and that experience brings me joy, knowing you does too.

Thank You.

Comments

Other writings