Priyanka Chopra!

Priyanka Chopra's cover for
 "In My City" taken from Google.
Not claimed in any way.

All right I know she is a great Bollywood star and stuff, but she is not a good singer. I came straight to the point. The song "In My City" is not that great (honestly if you ask me it bad)!!! Its normal RedOne and honestly its boring now, overdone. On the whole the song seems outright wanna-be and lacks originality to the absolute. The lyrics are terrible (Rebecca Black's Friday makes so much more sense, and for that matter I love Ms. Rebecca Black). Agreed, Priyanka Chopra is Miss oh-so-pretty and outright gorgeous(?). But whatever, her musical ability is bad.



On her vocals, I would say, she is trying too hard and missing. Her voice goes from husky to high-pitched within a second and that seems annoying. (Honestly, I can sing better than Priyanka Chopra) The tune of the song seems just fine, normal RedOne tune, but what messes it up is her voice (and perhaps she is a good singer), but that does not let her get away with faking an accent. She definitely is faking "here", What did she call it? heay? or was it heiye? Whatever it was, it was plain bad. Is she trying to pretend to be white or black? Cause in any direction her accent fails her!!! and then why does a simple word like city become ceetté like as if Lord Ram was saying, "Site" (Sita) and Jay-Z cannot become jaazee! Why is he even mentioned? I think more than the uncontrolled pitch, the accent annoys.

The song on the whole is not annoying, but more disturbed. The lyrics are plane bad. "Its only whacha drinking?" Really? and why does some strange person go "Priyanka" in the beginning? Even he cant pronounce it properly. Stating the obvious, "I know you got your own Town?" who does not have a town? why would anyone sing anything like that? "In my City" lyrically, is hopeless, its got weird lines that make no sense and to think about it, what she even singing about? Is she asking people to come to her city? Cause like that, I doubt anyone is going to.

The only part that seems nice is the pert where Will.I.Am sings, it doesn't sound fake and even though I am not a very big fan of Will.I.Am or hip-hop music for that matter, but that is perhaps the best part of the song.

On the whole the song is bad, I would probably give it a 2 star out of 5. And Priyanka Chopra  does not deserve any appreciation to be honest. Lets hope the rest of her album is good, otheriwse she might just be music's biggest failure and perhaps that is happening anyways, she is grappling to keep the single in headlines and instead of catering to an international audience, she wants her video to be "Desi", in the hope that the Indian audience will save her failing music career. Whatever, the song is bad. Hope the rest of the album is good. Priyanka Chopra cannot sing.

Below is the video of the song. And here is a message for Priyanka Chopra. "C-C-C-C'mon, stop pretending like you can sing or are some big thing in the music world, cause you are not. Stick to acting."


Comments

Other writings