Its not only Aaaaa....AAAAaaaa

Hindustani Classical Music is not only screaming with one ear closed with a hand and going aaaa....aaaa....aaaa... Its actually a lot more... Its about getting the tune right, according to the notes, which are fixed (a raaga). Maybe I am a bit wrong about that part...I ain't no professional.What my point is, it is a complex art, that needs a lot of professionalism and hard work to even mange to sing the basics and it is not the stupid stereotypical version of just shouting aaaa!!!

Considering that I call it such an art and something that is so beautiful, you might ask why don't the general crowd like it? To be honest, neither did I. Until I started to learn it! Then I realised the art behind it. My theory of why the public does not really appreciate or understand it is, because of the lyrics. To be honest, the lyrics are a little outdated, and old...but maybe that is because it is a traditional art that has to be preserved since it is declining. But I also feel that if the lyrics are a little modern or in English, I' m sure a lot of people will start listening to this form of music and definitely this genre of music would be included in the International Awards, such as the Grammy's or other music awards. My point is, if these lyrics would be altered a little to fit into the present generation, it would definitely become the music of the masses.

The tunes are rhythmic, catchy, inspiring and definitely beautiful, but because of the lyrics maybe it's being shunned away. I may be wrong, oh! I may be very wrong, but that's what I think and to be honest, as much as I like it, I will like it so much more, had I understood the lyrics and felt closer to them.

And is it nor, that the only constant is change? So maybe it's time that we change a bit here and there...and voila we have the new music of the masses.

*** DISCLAIMER: ALL WORKS HERE HAVE NO IMPOSING IDEA INTENDED, THEY ARE JUST IDEAS OF THE WRITER THAT CAN BE DISAGREED TO***

Comments

Other writings