Chess for Teenagers

Over and over and over again,
Till they've taken out everything
And left you naked and wounded
and crying like an infant for
The hunger of kindness

Each time I stood up
And let my brain waiver
I gave away a little bit of myself
Unknowing that it was game

"Pass that dice over.
And read the rules of fellowship
Role 6 and you lose
And the other numbers I win."

Because you were nothing more
Than that little pawn on the chessboard
Sent to be butchered to win

The Queen and the pawn play a game
A battle of politics and love
The pawn, the messenger and nothing

Roses and thorns and songs
Meaninglessness and information
A round and round circle of
Life, Death and illusions

Why?
The loser has to fall
But I never wanted to play in the first place

Observation and nothing more.
Go away,
Broken.

Comments

Other writings