Piece of Advise

I've started growing plants in my balcony, and apart from the oxygen that I need to breathe, they provide me with a lovely view to look out of my window, it's honestly mesmerising standing there, seeing the wonder of nature manifest with a little help from me. Sometimes it makes me want to become an environmentalist. Someone who plants and grows trees for a living - if you know of any such jobs. You should tell me because I honestly enjoy watching each little leaf suddenly appear every day, it's magical.

I'm not saying I'm the greenest person, lord no! I'm far from ideal, but I do hope that as I succeed and go further with my life, I make better and better choices with the way that I treat the world, particularly, the world that has given so much to me. I hope to be able to never have to drive a gasoline or diesel car ever again. (Emergencies are exceptions). I hope to be able to install a solar rooftop on my house so that I could use a little less electricity and in fact use that electricity to power my transportation even. I hope to be able to convert some of my dad's lands to solar plants, so that in the long run, when we need the electricity (the demand for which is bound to rise) I can contribute just a little bit.

I'm not saying that you should have the same hopes as I do. I'm not even saying you should be any different, all I'm asking of you is, if there is a small change that you could make, to make this world a better place, please do that.

***

I've actually had a long discussion with several friends about this. And most of us don't know what to do to be better world citizens. I'm listing down suggestions that possibly you could implement in your life (if you want to).

  • Avoid plastic packaging. 
    • Packed food is terrible for your health anyway, and plastic has to be burnt to degrade.
  • Use raw foods from local sources.
    • Supports your local economy and reduces the amount of garbage you create.
  • Avoid taking print outs.
  • If you own a house and have the means to, install a solar panel on your terrace
    • Gives you shade to use your terrace and reduces your electricity bills.
  • Grow a plant.
  • Reduce your meat intake.
  • Use the internet to find better alternatives for you and for the world around you.
    • It's such a community with so many many possible solutions at your fingertips.

I only mean these as suggestions and I sincerely hope that somewhere you may be able to apply some of these. Till then I'll keep hoping.

Comments

Other writings