Taking back my means of communication

I have not spoken up for a while and think that it's about time I decide how I want to reach out.

To start off I'm going to talk about my opinion about Kangana Ranaut - so here's the catch, the storyline that everyone is badmouthing Kangana Ranaut about has already been exposed in Madhur Bhandarkar's movie Heroine, so yes, I do believe her. There are several things that happen behind the scenes and I find that because you want to drag someone through the media and make yourself a name in the eye of the controversial storm is a little dusted - a.k.a. Rakhi Sawant. Irrespective of what Bollywood stands for, I do want to watch the movie Manikarnika, because of the story and because of the pride of a woman who fought for India. There's so much unnecessary drama taking away from the historicity and grit of the story and the past, that it is being overlooked, which is what I've seen Kangana Ranaut trying to focus on. Everyone except for Kangana seems to focus on the drama, including the director.

I mean, if you have such a strong connection with the story, speak about the story - is that not why you decided to direct it in the first place - Krish? Why do you have to sound like a broken record holding onto sour grapes? Yes, discreditation sucks, but, your behaviour shows so much about how much you cared for the movie or the story or the characters being portrayed.

And so yes, controversy sells, but I hope that each of us learns from this to focus on the larger picture - something I am learning to do as well in my own personal life. There's always going to be a shit storm all around, but as long as we can keep our eyes on the real deal, maybe we can figure out how irrelevant the storm is, right?

More to come.

Comments

Other writings