Marie

17 August 1775

Dear Marie,
The last memory I have is of the tear stained smile I saw on your beautiful face. Why did you have to leave me crying? Why did you even have to leave? There were a million things I would have said and done to keep you, in my arms, forever till we grew so old, we could not remember anything of the world but each other’s faces and warm embraces. 
There is sickness and winter all around now that you’re away. There are rumours that you would never be back from France, there are rumours that they shall keep you till you leave this Earth. And even then, I shall wait for you, here, in heaven, and everywhere, I’ll always wait for you to come to me, the way you made me promise. 
It drives me to my death that I can not come to you, because you were the princess and now you shall be Queen, but don’t you know you’ve always ruled over my heart and your wish is everything that I live for. Because you wish this poor stable boy to stay and be good, I shall do that forever, but only because I know inside my heart that you shall come, this life, or the next or the one after, but some day you shall come to me and you shall be mine, the way I am…

Forever yours
Pierre

***
3 November 1776

Dear Marie,
Happy birthday to the most beautiful woman in the world, the Queen of France! My beautiful, there is not a single day that I do not write to you, but my courage fails me from sending these letters. There was only one other letter I have had enough courage to send all the way to Versailles. This is my second that you hold in your caressing hands, but I have a 473 others that I never can give to your majesty.
All I can give you on this day of your divine birth is this small letter, but my Queen, my heart wishes you all the luxuries I can never give to you and I wish you all the joys that you want. Your happiness is above all in this entire sad sparkles world. You are the spark to every burning star in the sky that we loved looking at on so many happy nights.
My beautiful, bid me once and I shall forever come to France and be at your little white flowery feet, but let me not stay away from you anymore, my heart grows weaker each day I don’t see you and my will stronger to wait.
You are forever My Queen, my lady, my everything as I am…

Forever yours
Pierre

***

14 Juliet 1777

Pierre,
Merci beaucoup pour vos souhaits
Mais , écrit pas plus mon petit garçon! Je suis la reine de France, et je ne peux plus lire vos lettres. Comment je pleure à chaque fois que vos lettres sont arrivés. Mais, il est impossible que vous attendez pour moi plus. Trouver quelqu'un, s'il vous plaît! Ceci est mon commandement! Je envoyer de l'argent pour votre femme. Se marier avec quelqu'un!
Ne m’écrit pas plus. Bisous.
Marie Antoinette de France

***


20 October 1777

Dear Marie,
How blessed am I to receive your letter! Of course I shall never be able to send this letter to you and I shall never be able to thank you for the money I shall somehow return. I shall never be able to write to you anymore also. Your wishes are my command and your command is my will. But there is a greater force than my will that now takes me away from this Earth, and away from your physical presence. 
I shall defy you this once and not marry - for my heart is already married to your heart and that cannot be broken. My awaited death ensures that our souls can never be another’s. My death may seem saddening to you but I think my beautiful, that it brings us closer together than ever. Closer to the possibility of being together again and you know that I am…

Forever yours
Pierre

Comments

Other writings