Pass a Judgement.

For each of and most of us, it is so easy to pass a judgement and least a comment. Its just like seeing things.

I observed two things today that made me form these ideas. They were incidents which I later thought about.

First, I was walking down a street, eating my chocolate very slowly. I am walking and walking and I see a lady. I observe how the lady is walking alongside her husband (or at least that's what I thought). As they walk together, she puts her head down only for a second (part of her walking and talking flow), to reveal a perfectly bald head. When I saw her from the front, she seemed like any other lady, with little hair covering her front-line, but just as she put her head down, you could see that was the only hair she had. At first this amazed me, and dumbfound (though not intentionally) I kept staring. I didn't think it was bad or negative or anything (and thank god I formed no comment). I was just amazed.

The husband or whoever was accompanying her gave me a dirty look as they walked past (which made me realise that I had been staring and so I stopped). As I cursed myself in my head for staring at someone so rudely it struck me that perhaps she was suffering from a problem. A problem no one should really have. And then I became sad. Really really sad.

I really do hope and pray that she is not suffering from Cancer and if she is I wish that she is cured and healed to live a long long life. And such kindness perhaps I show only because I might feel that I was unfair to her, but irrespective - its scary, and so I pray and hope that she gets well soon, or doesn't even have what I imagine her to have.

The second event, though less severe made me realise human nature. During the same walk, I came across a group of youngsters (at least I thought so) who were all standing and chatting together. As I passed them by I presumed they were staring at me and passing some funny comments, I can be funny when I am outside. So, I presumed that they were talking mean about me and immediately I made them out to be not nice people. Perhaps they were actually being mean to me, because as soon as I crossed them, they started laughing loudly, but doesn't prove anything but my paranoia or insecurity. Most likely they didn't even bother (cause apart from me and a few friends perhaps, I don't suppose anyone goes on to the street to look at people and laugh. Read The Tiny Rangan and the Half Bitch) but I formed my judgement and as I thought so did they.

So constantly we are all forming judgements continuously and more often than not we are wrong, or atleast unfair, because we do not know the reason behind the situations. So here is a sincere apology, first to the lady who I wish a lot of joy and happiness and life and second to all the people I might have unknowingly misjudged. I am not saying its not okay to judge, but its not nice to and its best to show indifference towards someone you don't know, cause thats the best way not to be affected by perhaps someone being snide to you - which could very likely be me.

Comments

Other writings