Formality is at the Heart!

Its been a long time since I have taken the time or effort to blog! I have so much to blog...yet its been so long! There is something in my English Language that makes it informal (I know this may not concern you at all )! My teachers have told me so (and I am glad they did) and I too realised that my writing is more casual than appropriate! And so as a first step! I am going to try and start writing more formally than preceding blogs (which might mean that I might lose out on my abnormal sense of humor!) However this might lead me to start writing better!

What affects you (my dear and handful readers) and is of further more importance is that writing formally has an advantage of conveying your message far more clearly than you could while speaking casually! Formal writing (as my teacher correctly pointed out) gives a sense of clear understanding due to complex and longer sentences! Not just that, but formal writing also gives you a level of confidence that casual writing can and will not give simply because it sounds outlandish and short!

This might just sound like all the other nonsense I go lecturing about, but I do believe that writing formally has advantages as mentionned above and it could do wonderful things to your image on the readership! Pour maintenant, c'est tout!

Comments

  1. Glad you took my advice to heart, Kalansh! But firstly (due to an English teacher's handicap), the word is 'further' not 'farther'. Secondly, there's a long way to go to formal writing, but I hope you make it, since you're at your best when you're in the formal mode!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Other writings