Second Guessing

Perhaps the world hates me as much as I hate it in my reflection

Perhaps it is all futile, and people are fleeting moments

None that hold, but captivate with the promise--

Perhaps in all the chaos of moving ahead, I am meant to be alone


I hope that I'll receive flowers

I hope at least in death I will

Because what else do we have--

I hope the yearning of the world has space for my thoughts


The drowning starts with the opening

The drowning of myself in my dreams

Until I drown the dream and, invariably, myself.

The drowning is what I live for every day


It may be the lack of finding people to listen to me

It may be my unrealistic worldview

So fragmented I don't recognise the mirrors

It may be that I was never meant to be


Greatness is a race that I fight myself for

Greatness is my sorrow, my only companion

Leaving behind everything that could--

Greatness and the quest defined me, and now I'm nothing


Once I found myself moving through Applause

Once I hoped in belief of my dreams

To what end could I survive the fight?

Once I was a child


And yet I may be at peace in imagination

And yet I am fulfilled and great all at once

Wherever I turn, greed imprisons me, and I--

And yet, somehow, I am more and hold potential


Perhaps I truly evolved from the Fame to Mayhem

Perhaps I must keep trying and working

Scars heal and leave signs of victory

Perhaps greatness may yet be drowning in my second-guessing


Reimagined image with AI.


Comments

Other writings