Isola

Guest post by the actor and writer, Freya Kothari

What I like?

I like three women, a slightly bitter brew. 

I like white or black but I like grey too. 


I, I like when she drags me backward and 

I Crawl in her embrace. 

I like wild blows, the tyrant shores. 


I like it cryptic and bolt, 

like her spell, nails penetrating my bones. 

I lack her, her, and her.  


I like my demons at twilight 

and the benign undress. 

I like waiting at one and staying at her.


I like attending to the other two after dawn. 

I like the fruit they fetch, obeyed with tea 

after prime custom. 


I like them sailing for my seafood. 

I like when the three meet one 

and it makes us. 


Together I like.


I like the faraway songbirds tweeting, 

she hears the songbirds piping

she bursts into a dance. 

I watch the two watch. 

She seduces us like a poem 

and together we rock 

like us. 


Children like tribals, like seahorses, like lovebirds like bonobos like hornbills like albatrosses like us. 

We rest. 


She continues. 

I hold 

they stay. 


I watch and watch and dream, They dance and dance and fly. 

I watch and watch and dream, They dance and dance and fly. 

I watch and dream they dance and fly.  I watch and dream they dance and disappear.


I like midnight so I wait for bedtime.

I wait for the dim 

and lean for the ocean. 


I wait for fireflies 

to give me light 

by the ocean. 


I wait for the enchanters to return.

I do the dance, I do this song. 

I burn a fire and I twirl around. 


I twirl and whirl and spiral, They hide and hide and remain protected. 

I twirl and whirl and spiral, They hide and hide and remain protected. 

I twirl and spiral they hide and remain protected. I twirl and spiral they hide and remain protected.


I chant and swing and Crash into the ocean 

they hide and hide and take me into their shelter.

 

I need to breathe in the islands 

I need to be crazy


You can follow more of Freya's journey and work here.

Comments

  1. This is a rhythmic dive into the deep.
    Good one Freya.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Other writings