Correspondence between Fire and Ice

Dear Ice,

All the heat is gone, there's only the cold dread that surrounds us now. I know you enjoy that, but I prefer my passion, my hunger, my warmth. Perhaps that is what it comes down to - I'm looking for someone who is not destroying me; or someone I'm not destroying.

Everytime we're together I feel myself trickling into your cold. Relentlessly consumed. Honestly, it's not fair, it's not supposed to be this way, we should support each other, not destroy each other. I need wood to survive - and you're only ice.

Burning away,
Fire.



***



Dear Fire

I've tried so hard to support you, you know I've reduced myself absolutely so that you can survive. You reduce me and yet I try and try to continue this. I'm withdrawing to the tiny parts of the Arctic in hopes that you find your wood and your space. I'll forever support you.

But please remember that I've stored inside me every little ash creations you've made. I've preserved everything you made and left behind and I'll hold onto it until i can hold you again.

Till then, burn baby, burn.

Sweet Shivers,
Ice.


***


Dear Ice,

Your letters are cold, I cannot have any more contact. I realise how much you sacrifice, but nothing is enough. To me, you are just another examples of why opposites don't attract. I'd honestly hopes that after what water did to me, you'll understand my pain, but every time I'm with you, I see you becoming more and more like water.

You do realise this is the unhealthiest I've been? I need to shine and I need to live wild and open, not trapped surrounded by you. You've truly created a dying chicken out of a star.

Do you remember that one time that we consummated, I think you gave me something. I've never been this sick or weak. The doctor's don't believe me, but I knew it was you and your chilly cold attitude. I'm surviving on humans for now, but I can't keep cheating on you any more. We're over.

Don't look for me.
Fire



***



Dearest Fire,

Be a star! but please give me one more chance. You continue to shine and let me reflect your brightness. I promise you, I'll help you be a brighter star. You're everything I've wanted and couldn't be.

Perhaps I am cold. but that's how I was supposed to be. You fill me up with a warmth that makes me weak in my knees. I could slide and hold onto the world for you. You were passionate. I love you. Your embers remain trapped in me. I've caught more humans for you to feed on, they rot in my cold hands. I even made your ashes into oil, so you can have an easier life.

I'm coming back from the Arctic and if that means you'll escape to the sun, I'll get bigger and bigger to reflect your brightness. I could do everything to have you back!

And this is the same water that you said destroyed you. I've taken a new form so that I can be closer to you, it's water or ice, we're here to make you alive. You and I may be opposites in every way, but that's what makes me exist. That you take what I make and  take what you create.

On every mountain peak I'll wait for you. I'll wait to see you burning all the woods and forests to come back to me.We can rule this world babe. No humans, no life.

Only Fire and Ice.


Image Credits to LovablePanda originally Published on Deviant Art.



Comments

Other writings