Kritika Kaul

I really wish we could make amends, you know?
Get to know each other all over again
Not because of the past
But simply because I wasn't done.

I've missed you in my life
And I never understood why
When what we had was so wonderful

Nothing goes back to back then
But I don't want to whine to you everyday
I don't want to even pretend it would go back.
But it can't disappear

God, it's like a movie
And this is hard, because
It's not the first time I'm trying
But putting it out is easier
Than building it up

Just a hey, I still remember the person you used to be
And a olive branch of nothing that has been
I sit and type and type
Because I do not sit with you everyday
Or go on long walks across green parks and swings

I don't even know anything about you
Apart from how amazingly you've grown
I realise it's a weird time to go there now
But I just hope you're doing okay
And I just wish we could hold a conversation again

-From your little baby sistah

Comments

Other writings