Because I'm messing up.

Every little child grows on,
Happily tiring to musical progression
Dreams that eventually fade away into self-doubt
Where did he go?
Into the wilderness of blooming madness
Judgemental eyes and self-proclaimed enthusiasts
Grounding and faith was weary
Losing everything.

He climbed and had faith, more than anything within
Obnoxious buckets of flowing superiority
Questioning everything was easiest of all self-hatred
Where did he go?
Into the stories only pretending to read
Portrayals more valued more than quality
Feelings eventually outdo the self-proclaimed hopeful
Losing the self.

Ideas of butterflies that floated
Flowers that gave nectar sweet, turned poisonous
Those many leaves that rested were now far away and withered
Where did he go?
Into the unending spiral of downfall
Cocooning to withdraw what could have been
Its not my fault
I let them affect me. They do not matter 
I say as I do not believe.
But I must and I must hold on, because
Everyone chips away at the heart just like they tear away the wings
of the now flightless worm.

The sex is what I want
I deserve better than you worm!
My time is more important than your life
And at the end of it 
I'm still not yours and you're nobody's


Impossible to survive
Hatred that surrounds an otherwise 
Perfectly happy life.
Self-inflicted torments
It tries to fly again
And yet is torn down
I must have faith,
Harsh words bear no heeding
The words live on as does a great bard and a prioress.

Comments

Other writings